Christmas for Vernazza
This year the residents of Vernazza will be forced to celebrate their holidays away from their homes and their beloved town. Vernazza is still under a state of emergency until the hillsides are deemed safe among other tasks.
Many people have already stepped forward to help, but they still need us and what better time to give than right now. Below are several ways to help bring Vernazza’s people home.
- Donate directly to Save Vernazza here
- Buy a copy of Magic Bridge, this book is the complete package….love, travel, death, fear and friendship. 20% goes to Save Vernazza. I’m reading it now and can’t wait to finish this post so I can go find out how this story ends!
- Gregory Berg of Enso Photography: “I’ve started a project to help SV: If you buy a Vernazza print from my online gallery, I’ll donate 100% of the proceeds to Save Vernazza ONLUS.”
- Andrew Handrick, musician and business owner in Vernazza: “Five Steps Instrumental CD was inspired by my time spent in Vernazza. On the morning of the disaster I was working in La Buatta ceramics shop in Vernazzza and was lucky to get the last train out minutes before the worst happened and as such I have decided to donate 70% of the download sales of the album from this site to the Save Vernazza fund.”
- Sherrill French of The French Palette: “Very special news today of a project near and dear to my heart! The first painting I ever sold was of Cinque Terre, Italy, a place I had dreamed of visiting. Just last month, I had the chance to spend a day there. As fate would have it, on that day the towns of Vernazza and Monterosso were all but destroyed by 20 inches of rain, mudslides, and unthinkable flooding. We were blessed to evacuate after 36 harrowing hours, but my heart is heavy for the devastation. To help the rebuilding efforts, I am starting a new series of paintings inspired by the beautiful Cinque Terre with ALL proceeds benefitting Save Vernazza! So long as there is work to do, I will continue to paint to help! First paintings coming very soon!”
Free Printable Packing List
Subscribe to our travel newsletter & updates and receive our packing list as a thank you.