I thought in honor of sweetheart’s day I would simply list the things that I love about Italy. Here they are, off the top of my head and in no particular order. Go ahead, I encourage you to make your own list and send me the link to include in a future post about our love affair with this amazing place!
- house wine
- pistachio gelato
- bells tolling in the morning
- the sound of swallows in Siena
- the smell of sunrise
- the sound of silverware on china plates in the late evening from my balcony window
- guessing how fast the car that just passed me is going
- the thrill of a good parking spot
- porchetta straight from the van
- the click of high heels on cobblestones
- a cool drink from a fountain when in Rome
- the bored look of the officials after baggage claim
- osso bucco in Rome
- polenta served family style
- giving exact change
- cheek kisses
- espresso shots
- savoring a morning cappuccino
- following my nose for dinner
- old men on benches
- marveling at what an ape can carry
Did I miss something? Send my a link to your Things I love about Italy list.
I love feedback, so leave me comments!
copyright 2012 Andi Brown, Once in a Lifetime Travel
Free Printable Packing List
Subscribe to our travel newsletter & updates and receive our packing list as a thank you.