When I was taking small groups on tour in Italy, I learned to never be too surprised at what I overheard. Some funny, some unbelievable but all entertaining. I can laugh at this even more knowing I have an entire list dedicated to the embarassing things I’ve said and done over the years. Enjoy!
10. Two lovely ladies got a jump-start to my tour but taking a tour of their own in Rome. They aren’t sure what they saw or why it was important as the whole thing was in Italian.
9. Get R Done. Repeatedly said during a walking tour of the Roman Forum in response to the architectural accomplishments.
8. Wet T-shirt contest!! Yelled out on the Rialto Bridge during a sudden rain storm.
7. Great, more Chef Boyardee. Referring to the homemade pasta being served.
6. I was asked if the artists at the market used paint by numbers.
5. During a wonderful wine tasting, we were being educated on the types of grapes used in the area. One of my members proceeded to explain how they made dandelion wine back home.
4. While enjoying the sun on the tiny beach in the village of Vernazza, I was asked “Is this Florence?”
3. Does the food and wine happen to get any better? We were in Rome at the time.
2. I’m not going on the Colosseum tour. It’s just not my thing.
1. I was worried about getting my passport in time but my jail probation period was finally over!
I love feedback, so leave me comments!
Copyright 2012 Andi Brown, Once in a Lifetime Travel
Free Printable Packing List
Subscribe to our monthly travel newsletter and receive our packing list as a thank you.